Have you been diagnosed with Alzheimer’s or other Dementia?
Do you know someone who has?
Are you concerned that you might be experiencing memory loss?
- An early diagnosis will help you plan for your future
- If a diagnosis is made you will get advice and support from a specialist team, including:
– Doctors, nurses, occupational therapists, psychologists and other clinicians
- These specialists will be able to give you advice on:
– Medication that may help you
– Living with Dementia and staying well
– Social service care and financial help, such as attendance and carer’s allowance, that you may be able to apply for
How can I find out if I may have Dementia?
- Talk to your GP about your concerns. Take someone with you if you like
- Your GP will carry out an assessment if they have any concerns about your health
- If your GP has any concerns about your health they may refer you to see a specialist, where you will have further tests
- Once your GP has got all the information they need from the specialist they will discuss the results of your assessment with you
- A clinician or support worker will help you make the arrangements you need