1 million people have diabetes and are
Exercise as a part of your life
Incorporating exercise into your day-to-day life doesn’t have to be complicated. Here are some simple and practical ways to stay active
Little and often
Be kind to yourself and enjoy it. A little is enough. Don’t set unrealistic expectations and don’t feel sad if you have the odd blip.
Friends & family
When hanging out with the people you love, weave in a tiny bit of fund exercise and games.
Our top tips
1. Walking. Walk whenever possible. Take the stairs instead of the elevator, walk to nearby places instead of driving, or go for a short walk during your lunch break.
2. Cycling. If you have a bicycle, use it for short trips to the store or to visit friends. Cycling is not only fun but also a great way to get around and exercise.
3. Household Chores. Doing household chores like vacuuming, sweeping, mopping, or gardening can also count as physical activity. It keeps you moving and helps burn calories.
4. Active Breaks. During long periods of sitting or studying, take short breaks to stretch or do some jumping jacks. This helps keep your body active and your mind refreshed.
5. Dancing. Put on your favorite music and dance around! Dancing is a fun way to exercise and lift your spirits.
6. Playtime. Play active games with friends or family, like tag, soccer, or basketball. Playing together is not only enjoyable but also a great way to stay active.
7. Exercise Videos. Try following exercise videos on platforms like YouTube. There are many fun and easy workouts you can do at home, like yoga, aerobics, or dance workouts.
8. Walking or Jogging with a Pet. If you have a pet, take them for a walk or a jog. It’s not only good for you but also keeps your furry friend happy and healthy.
9. Join Clubs or Classes. Consider joining sports clubs, dance classes, or any physical activity you enjoy. It’s a great way to meet new friends and stay active together.
10. Active Playtime. Instead of spending all your free time indoors, go outside and play! Ride your bike, play soccer, or have fun on the playground.
Remember, the key to staying active is to find activities you enjoy. It could be anything that gets your body moving and makes you happy.
Be creative and make exercise a part of your daily routine. Start with small steps, and gradually increase the amount of exercise you do.
The most important thing is to have fun and stay active every day!
1 Exercise – On your marks
2 Exercise – Get set
3 Exercise – Go!!!
4 Exercise – Keep it up
More on exercise
The benefits of exercise
How much exercise
Exercise as a part of daily life
Setting exercise goals
Some of our innovations
Children who see domestic abuse are victims too
The NHS waiting list crisis
GP Recruitment crisis 2017
How to do an NHS patient survey